Writing about things that/people who touch, provoke, dare, enrage, frighten, worry, and provoke tears or laughter in me as a woman, as a lesbian, as a human being and as a member of the animal kingdom, although not always in that order. Other stuff…
- I am always, always serious except for when I am not.
- Language, words, the alphabet are magic. So are women.
- Curious, with a particular interest in how we fool ourselves into thinking we know stuff.
- I can go off on tangents in a heartbeat.
- The heart fascinates me, specially heartbeats.
- So does the human brain and people who use it well, particularly women.
- I like art, music, design, cars, women, reading, creating, holding hands, forehead kisses.
- I do not believe women are perfect. Being a lesbian sort of surprised me.
- Exceptionally low tolerance for fundamentalism in all its manifestations.
- Walking through life with an arched eyebrow.
- Quiet most of the time and need huge chunks of solitude.
- Reading is good. So is thinking. So is feeling.
- I apply the scientific method and use myself as a subject.
- Will not be fooled into thinking or believing that humans are rational.
- Life is through the senses and always with heart.
- Balance is essential and sometimes impossible. Drama is for the arts.
- If a string has one end, it most certainly has another.
- Canadian citizen, but an immigrant kid.
- Did I mention anything about me and women yet? Came out in my 20s
- Sometimes my heart breaks. But it comes back together again.
All the writing here is original and copyrighted. Happy to share it: please just ask if you want to use some.
My name is Frances.